Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
An explosion has ripped through Moru Moru market in Gamboru, near Maiduguri, the Borno State capital. Four people have been conformed dead in the explosion. The bomb attack comes barely 24 hours after a suicide attack on a mosque in Maiduguri.
Meanwhile, Suspected Boko Haram members yesterday attacked and burnt down police station, local government secretariat and other government buildings in Ngalda and Fika towns in Fika local government of Yobe state.
Our correspondent gathered that the militants stormed Ngalda village around 6:30pm where they seized fuel from black marketers and burgled provision stores before attacking Fika, the local government headquarters.
Malam Ahmadu Maikano, a resident in Fika said that gunmen went into the town in two hilux vans and 5 motorcycles shooting sporadically “They burnt down police station, local government secretariat, LEA and departments of health, works,” he said.
He said the militants snatched an open van parked in the town and loaded it with food stuffs, drinks and other essentials from the two provision stores they forced opened.
He said residents had earlier gotten wind of the insurgents’ advance hours to the attack. “That’s why many residents didn’t sleep in Ngalda and Fika, we all fled to save places” he said adding that no lost of lives has been reported.
When contacted, Yobe state Police Public Relation Officer, Mr Toyin Gbadegesin said he is not aware of the attack “But, I will call the CP (Commissioner of Police) for confirmation.”
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government