Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has congratulated General Muhammadu Buhari as he takes office as President.
The party in a statement signed by the National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh on Friday wished the new President success in piloting the affairs of the country in the next four years.
“The PDP wishes General Buhari a successful tenure as President of our dear nation. Indeed, we appreciate the fact that his success would be to the benefit of Nigeria as a nation. It is against this backdrop that we wish him good health, vigour and wisdom to pilot the affairs of the nation in the next four years.
“We also join millions of Nigerians and the international community in commending and applauding immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan for a smooth transition as well as his democratic credentials and enduring legacies in ensuring the stability of the nation”, the statement said.
The PDP underscored that as a party that has nurtured and sustained democracy in the last 16 years, it would remain committed to the democratic ethos as well as the unity, stability and prosperity of Nigeria at all times.
‘God bless Nigeria.’
- Nigerian Police deny detaining suspended Acting EFCC Chairman
- Federal High court jails ex-NIMASA director seven years for N1.5bn fraud
- Breaking: Federal High Court discharges Government Tompolo over charges of fraud
- Former Zamfara Governor, Yari, allegedly assaults airport official enforcing COVID-19 protocol
- Buhari mourns the passing of Flying Officer, Tolulope Arotile
- Empire actor Bryshere Gray, arrested for domestic assault
- 12 EFCC directors have been suspended with immediate effect
- Delta State introduces property tax to increase revenue
- 5 years after losing an eye to abusive partner, Josina Machel appeals judgement that acquits her abuser
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria’s population and demographic dividends