Estimated Reading Time: <1
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has flagged off the reconstruction of Port Harcourt roads to ease traffic in the state capital.
Governor Wike performed the flag off of the road reconstruction programme tagged : “Operation Zero Potholes “, after inspecting the guard of honour at the Government House, Port Harcourt.
The flag off of the Operation Zero Potholes took place at three locations, namely Borokiri, UTC Junction and Azikiwe in Diobu.
He explained that the operation zero potholes programme is aimed at restoring Port Harcourt and making it a pride of the people.
Governor Wike said all the potholes in the state capital will be addressed for free flow of traffic to improve the productivity of the people.
He said : ” We wish to assure you that hope has returned and Rivers State shall once again be the pride of our nation.”We shall develop the right road infrastructure in the state in our effort to rebuild the comatose economy of the State”
He added that his administration will develop key roads across the state to improve rural economies and empower the people.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government