Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
Federal Government of Nigeria declares, Friday May 29 has been declared a public holiday . The Minister of Interior, Abba Moro made the declaration on Monday, on behalf of the Federal Government in a statement signed by the ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Abubakar Magaji.
Mr Moro urged Nigerians at home and in the diaspora to support the incoming government and pray for the success of Nigeria’s democratic process.
He congratulated President Goodluck Jonathan and Nigerians on the successful conduct of the 2015 general election.
Also, the Minister congratulated the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari on his victory.
On Friday, May 29, President Goodluck Jonathan will hand over to the President-elect, General Buhari.
Earlier on Monday, Vice President Namadi Sambo handed over some reports of the outgoing government to the incoming government.
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike