Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday said Nigerians have a ” new opportunity” in the in – coming administration of General Muhammadu Buhari to make the country work for the better again.
He spoke at his Abeokuta private residence on Presidential Hilltop Estate, when women leaders in the Southwest visited him.
Obasanjo who noted that the new opportunity is God – given, said the “good things” about the next administration is that the man that would head it – Buhari, is neither “a green – horn nor a novice” in governance.
According to him, Buhari was once in the saddle before, even if it was under a ” different circumstance” and would use his experience to navigate the country to the path of right direction.
He noted that Nigerians are quite clever and advised Buhari to be honest and truthful with them, saying he should not do “cover up” or try to play “ostrich” on them.
He said that there is a very high expectations about the in-coming government to sort things out quickly for Nigerians, but also added that there is equally a high level of goodwill locally and internationally in its favour.
The former Chairmain, Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) urged Buhari “not to be frightened” by the enormous expectations and the daunting challenges of the country.
According to him, Buhari should take the right steps within the next three months of being sworn – in when Nigerians are watching and counting to see what would be done to better their lots.
He prayed Nigeria and Nigerians would not miss this opportunity Good has provided to get the country out of a jam.
- Ondo Chief Judge rejects assembly’s request to set up probe panel against Ajayi
- Doctors call for state of emergency on COVID-19 in Kogi, Cross River
- Niger State civil servants threaten hunger strike over pay cut
- Lagos lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh dies from COVID-19 complications
- My house has never been searched by any security agency – Abdusalami Abubakar
- Buhari will on Friday sign the revised 2020 budget into law
- British High Commission to restart visa applications for Nigerians ready to travel to the UK
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation