Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) under the leadership of Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State has denied any reconciliation with the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi-led faction.
In a statement released in Abuja and signed by the Secretary and Administrator of the Forum, Osaro Onaiwu, the governors stated that any such reconciliation attempt was futile as a majority of the governors will be out of office in a matter of days and therefore should leave issues of reconciliation, reorganisation and a new Chairman to the incoming governors.
The statement further described the purported reconciliation as a selfish attempt by a group of governors to force new leadership of the forum on the in-coming governors.
The governors noted that both the Chairman, Jonah Jang and his Deputy, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State along with a majority of governors were visibly absent because they did not consider it a priority at this late hour to be part of a selfish project.
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted