Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) under the leadership of Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State has denied any reconciliation with the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi-led faction.
In a statement released in Abuja and signed by the Secretary and Administrator of the Forum, Osaro Onaiwu, the governors stated that any such reconciliation attempt was futile as a majority of the governors will be out of office in a matter of days and therefore should leave issues of reconciliation, reorganisation and a new Chairman to the incoming governors.
The statement further described the purported reconciliation as a selfish attempt by a group of governors to force new leadership of the forum on the in-coming governors.
The governors noted that both the Chairman, Jonah Jang and his Deputy, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State along with a majority of governors were visibly absent because they did not consider it a priority at this late hour to be part of a selfish project.
- Cross River Govenor’s aide threatens suicide over unpaid salary
- In Kaduna, bandits have killed no fewer than 18 people in two local government areas
- Nigeria is expecting COVID-19 vaccines from three donor sources – Health Minister
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing
- Akeredolu calls for decentralisation of Police
- Just in: Senate approves Bawa’s appointment as new EFCC Chairman
- Auditor-General indicts MDAs on N105.66Billion spending
- Victims of NAF plane crash to be buried on Thursday
- WAEC withholds 70,000 SSCE results in Kano as government default on payment for sponsored students
- Borno Governor confirms 10 dead, 47 injured as he visits victims of Maiduguri attack