Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayo Fayose has faulted Mr Femi Falana’s claim that he (Fayose) was providing cover for armed gangs to operate in the state, saying such a comment is ridiculous and nonsensical.
Speaking in Ado-Ekiti yesterday through his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, the governor wondered why the Lagos-based lawyer would always stand truth on the head.
The governor, who was reacting to a comment by Falana in a national daily that the governor was the one sponsoring armed hoodlums to operate in the state described Falana as a hypocritical political merchant, who always kept silent whenever APC controlled States are involved.
He asked; “Is this not hypocrisy? And Falana did not find it important to ask those All Progressives Congress (APC)-controlled states what they have done with their workers’ salaries if truly he is a human rights activist as he claims to be.
“Hypocrisy has made Falana not to say a word on the collapse of the judiciary and the legislative arms of government in some APC controlled states. Or is the judiciary in Rivers working? And has Falana said a single word on the collapse of the judiciary in Rivers State?
While urging Falana to live up to the meaning of his name by minding his own business, Fayose wondered why the lawyer would be pretentious about some issues and act to be a defender in others not involving his friends and paymasters.
“Falana should be ignored because he is fond of beating about the bush and his utterances are always dictated by the percentage of stomach infrastructure from his paymasters.
“I have never and will never provide official cover for armed gangs.
‘’It is only a governor or leader that is not popular or loved by his people that would adopt such unconventional means to rule,” he said.
The governor said his being loved by Ekiti people was further demonstrated in the last general elections by the pattern the people voted for his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The governor added that instead of Falana advising his paymasters in the All Progressives Congress (APC) and calling them to order, he was rather leading them astray.
“The reason Nigerians should stop paying attention to any comment by Falana on Ekiti is that murder cases involving a former governor and four lawmakers, are pending in various courts and Falana kept quiet and pretended as if nothing happened.
“It is this same man, who as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, ought to protect and encourage the protection of the judiciary, is the one underneath encouraging the APC lawmakers to disrespect court orders all in the name of politics.
“It is this same party of his, which owes workers seven months salary in Osun and four months in Oyo and Ogun that is crying every day in the press over a little delay in the payment of April salary in Ekiti,” he concluded.
IGP deploys special squad in Ekiti over kidnappings.
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19