Estimated Reading Time: <1
Wife of president-elect, Hajiya Aisha Buhari has admonished Iara, Governor Oshiomhole’s newly wedded wife, to learn how to prepare Nigerian food for her husband.
Hajiya Buhari gave the admonition on Friday at the wedding reception for the couple shortly after taking their wedding vows and signing the dotted lines at Iyamho, Oshiomhole’s hometown in Edo state.
Aisha described Oshiomhole’s new bride as beautiful. “For you to marry a Nigerian, you need to cook Edi’Kaikon, Egusi, and our Nigerian foods.
“God bless the marriage and we know as First lady you have a big task and God will guide and protect the family,” she added.
Governor Oshiomhole in his own comment, described his wife as very “understanding, caring and loving lady” and also expressed joy with his family for the support given to him to remarry.
“This is something that one is happy about. One is also happy that I have friends across all political divide, the occasion reminds me that across all divides we still have friends and we’ll wishers.
“She is very humble, she appreciates the nature of my job and life that it is one that one comes back home late. Sometimes 3: 00 a.m., she understands my weaknesses, she is more or less the mother of the house, the one that has accepted to be the mother of my children.
“I am happy that all my children are at home with ?her and accept her as their mother even though she is not old enough to be their mother. She has accepted to fill that gap,” he said.
Commenting on the nationality of his wife which has been subject of speculations, the governor said, ” I have seen a lot of publications, some saying that she is Philippine, Dutch and several others, but she is from Cape Verde. And that is part of West Africa. And I hope that will rest the debate of where she is from.”
Governor Oshiomhole was particularly happy that both PDP and APC leaders attended the wedding, adding “it shows that despite political differences Nigerians ?remains one”.
Former Head of state, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, who chaired the occasion, commended Oshiomhole for his decision to take a new wife and expressed optimism that more blessings will come to his life.
He urged the wife to be obedient and continue to show love to the husband and prayed that God Almighty will strengthen them with long life and prosperity.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom