Estimated Reading Time: <1
The intervention of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Solomon E. Arase, NPM, fdc in the troublesome cultism-related violent crimes in Edo State has started yielding positive results. The Special Crack Squad designated for the assignment, has on 12th May 2015 through vigorous intelligence, arrested Eleven (11) highly placed persons from different locations of the state who are ring leaders of cult groups linked to recent cult related killings in the state.
At the moment, a total of fifty-six (56) suspected vicious cultists linked to the recent cult related violence in the state have been rounded up by the Squad and are undergoing interrogation.
The IGP reiterated that no criminal will be spared, no matter how highly placed.
The Police High Command graciously appreciated the collaborative efforts of the members of the public, particularly in Edo State on the achievement made so far by the Special Crack Squad, and assures that adequate measures would continue to be put in place to ensure safety of lives and property, nationwide.
The Police remains your helper and friend.
Ag. CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know
- Nigerian children must be given all the necessary care – Gbajabiamila
- Governor Masari resumes lockdown in Katsina after Eid el-Fitr Celebration
- 28 COVID-19 testing centres now 28 across Nigeria, Katsina and Ogun get labs – NCDC
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic