Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
From Suleiman Hashimu, the Lagos to Abuja trekker, who met with the president-elect, Mohammadu Buhari, to another die-hard supporter of the president-elect, identified as Abubakar Duduwale, has started a walk from Yola, the capital of Adamawa state to the federal capital Abuja.
Trekking is now fashionable for the mostly jobless young Nigerians and Nigerian actress Omotola Ekeinde is not impressed.
She wrote on her twitter page, “Silly youths trekking their futures way. You don’t trek to bring awareness to your suffering plights but trek to celebrate politicians?Smh!”.
Silly youths trekking their futures way. You don’t trek to bring awareness to your suffering plights but trek to celebrate politicians?Smh!
— Omotola. j .Ekeinde (@Realomosexy) May 12, 2015
Another young Nigerian known as Mohammed Isa, is also trekking to celebrate President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for conceding defeat in the last March 28th 2015 Presidential Election on Sunday night arrived at Osogbo, Osun State Capital after five days he started the journey.
Then follows, Oladele John Nihi, the Kogi State born supporter of President Goodluck Jonathan who embarked on a trek from Abuja to Otuoke, the President’s hometown in Bayelsa State to celebrate Jonathan as a hero of Nigeria’s democracy.
It sure doesn’t end there, identified as Abdullahi Afolabi Nadabagi, a Tinubu supporter, took off from Abeokuta,the Ogun State capital to embark on a journey to Lagos, on foot.
He disclosed that his mission for the trek is to meet with the former governor of Lagos State and National leader of the All Progressives Congress,APC,Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and thank him for supporting Buhari to emerge winner at the last poll.
To pitch for editorials, Opinion and Exclusive gists, send to email@example.com, we will follow up on the story……
- Borno Governor suspends all staff of General Hospital for negligence
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos