Estimated Reading Time: <1
Igbos Diaspora Initiative for Buhari (IDIB), one of the groups of Igbos that led the campaigns of the president-elect Muhammadu Buhari, is agitating for the consideration of an Igbo for appointment as secretary to the government of the federation (SGF).
Mazi David Nonso Ifeanyi Ezedinma, national coordinator of IDIB, told Daily Trust, yesterday, that Igbos in the Diaspora considered their efforts to pull votes for the president-elect as a reason for them to agitate for the position.
He said: “We are speaking with confidence because we pulled support for the president-elect’s victory at the poll. The South-east may not have given him the needed votes, but it is on record that we tried our best in spite of the peculiarity in the geo-political zone. Our agitation should be considered, based on what we stood for.
“We are appealing, therefore, that the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the president-elect should consider an Igbo for appointment as the SGF.”
- All I Have Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service