Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Adichie family confirms that Professor James Nwoye Adichie, father of writer Chimamanda Adichie, was abducted on Saturday, May 2, 2015, while travelling by road from Nsukka to their hometown, Abba, in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State.
He was released back to his family yesterday night, Tuesday May 5, 2015.
Professor Adichie, who is 83 years old, is Nigeria’s first professor of statistics, and a dedicated university teacher of more than fifty years.
The family wishes to thank the friends, well-wishers and agencies that provided their assistance and support.
The experience has been traumatic for the whole family and they ask that their privacy please be respected during this difficult period.
The Adichie Family
c/o CNA Management
Chiagoze Fred Nwonwu
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation