Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Adichie family confirms that Professor James Nwoye Adichie, father of writer Chimamanda Adichie, was abducted on Saturday, May 2, 2015, while travelling by road from Nsukka to their hometown, Abba, in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State.
He was released back to his family yesterday night, Tuesday May 5, 2015.
Professor Adichie, who is 83 years old, is Nigeria’s first professor of statistics, and a dedicated university teacher of more than fifty years.
The family wishes to thank the friends, well-wishers and agencies that provided their assistance and support.
The experience has been traumatic for the whole family and they ask that their privacy please be respected during this difficult period.
The Adichie Family
c/o CNA Management
Chiagoze Fred Nwonwu
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match