Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nine men and one woman were on Tuesday remanded in prison custody by an Ikeja High Court, Lagos following their connection with the Ejigbo Pepper Sodomy.
The 10 were brought to court over the torture, attempted murder and sodomy of three females accused of stealing pepper at Oba Morufu International Market in Ejigbo area of Lagos State.
The defendants are Isiaka Waidi, 61; Saheed Adisa, 29; Lateef Tijani, 37; Ahmed Adisa, 65; Azeez Akinosun, 36; Jimoh Busari, 50; Adekunle Adenuga, 38; Oloruntoyin Dauda, 46; Buhari Yusuf, 22; and Abdullahi Haruna, 20.
The defendants were accused to have at Oba Morufu International Market in Ejigbo inserted a stick into the vagina of Nike Salami and Juliana Agomo. They also assaulted one Ajoke Agomo by stripping her naked, beating her up and rubbing pepper all over her body.
According to the charge, the 1st defendant (Waidi) and 5th defendant (Lateef) unlawfully obtained the sum of N50,000 from one Fima Agomo with intent to defraud by falsely pretending that the said money would be paid to traders in the market whose pepper had been stolen.
The defendants were arraigned before Justice Oluwatoyin Ipaye on a 19-count charge of unlawful assembly, trial by ordeal, assault occasioning harm, causing grievous harm, maliciously administering poison, deprivation of liberty, conspiracy to commit felony, attempted murder, sexual assault by penetration, obtaining money by false pretence and neglect to prevent a felony.
- Buhari is the single problem of Nigeria – Coalition of Northern groups fume over insecurity
- Police Service Commission confirms the recruitment of 925 illegal police officers
- Kano PDP has withdrawn from Jan 2021 Local Government Elections
- FCT Minister says his ministry spent N28.5Billion on COVID-19
- #EndSARS: CBN asks court not to unfreeze protesters’ accounts
- We are working on extraditing Maina to Nigeria; Nigeria Police says
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been announced as Forbes Africa-CNBC African of The Year
- Buhari sacks NAPTIP DG, Julie Okah-Donli, replaces her with Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
- Finance bill passes through first reading
- Boko Haram: We will do all it takes to secure Nigeria, Vice President Osinbajo says