Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nine men and one woman were on Tuesday remanded in prison custody by an Ikeja High Court, Lagos following their connection with the Ejigbo Pepper Sodomy.
The 10 were brought to court over the torture, attempted murder and sodomy of three females accused of stealing pepper at Oba Morufu International Market in Ejigbo area of Lagos State.
The defendants are Isiaka Waidi, 61; Saheed Adisa, 29; Lateef Tijani, 37; Ahmed Adisa, 65; Azeez Akinosun, 36; Jimoh Busari, 50; Adekunle Adenuga, 38; Oloruntoyin Dauda, 46; Buhari Yusuf, 22; and Abdullahi Haruna, 20.
The defendants were accused to have at Oba Morufu International Market in Ejigbo inserted a stick into the vagina of Nike Salami and Juliana Agomo. They also assaulted one Ajoke Agomo by stripping her naked, beating her up and rubbing pepper all over her body.
According to the charge, the 1st defendant (Waidi) and 5th defendant (Lateef) unlawfully obtained the sum of N50,000 from one Fima Agomo with intent to defraud by falsely pretending that the said money would be paid to traders in the market whose pepper had been stolen.
The defendants were arraigned before Justice Oluwatoyin Ipaye on a 19-count charge of unlawful assembly, trial by ordeal, assault occasioning harm, causing grievous harm, maliciously administering poison, deprivation of liberty, conspiracy to commit felony, attempted murder, sexual assault by penetration, obtaining money by false pretence and neglect to prevent a felony.
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON