Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nine men and one woman were on Tuesday remanded in prison custody by an Ikeja High Court, Lagos following their connection with the Ejigbo Pepper Sodomy.
The 10 were brought to court over the torture, attempted murder and sodomy of three females accused of stealing pepper at Oba Morufu International Market in Ejigbo area of Lagos State.
The defendants are Isiaka Waidi, 61; Saheed Adisa, 29; Lateef Tijani, 37; Ahmed Adisa, 65; Azeez Akinosun, 36; Jimoh Busari, 50; Adekunle Adenuga, 38; Oloruntoyin Dauda, 46; Buhari Yusuf, 22; and Abdullahi Haruna, 20.
The defendants were accused to have at Oba Morufu International Market in Ejigbo inserted a stick into the vagina of Nike Salami and Juliana Agomo. They also assaulted one Ajoke Agomo by stripping her naked, beating her up and rubbing pepper all over her body.
According to the charge, the 1st defendant (Waidi) and 5th defendant (Lateef) unlawfully obtained the sum of N50,000 from one Fima Agomo with intent to defraud by falsely pretending that the said money would be paid to traders in the market whose pepper had been stolen.
The defendants were arraigned before Justice Oluwatoyin Ipaye on a 19-count charge of unlawful assembly, trial by ordeal, assault occasioning harm, causing grievous harm, maliciously administering poison, deprivation of liberty, conspiracy to commit felony, attempted murder, sexual assault by penetration, obtaining money by false pretence and neglect to prevent a felony.
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home