Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
About 400 table tennis players from the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) are expected to take part in a table tennis tourney in Abuja.
An annual tournament; the Aso Table Tennis Championship sanctioned by the Nigeria Table Tennis Federation (NTTF) is scheduled to hold in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) from May 4 to 8 is expected to attract over
Announcing this on Sunday at a news conference in Abuja, the organiser of the championship and Chairman of the Aso Table Tennis Club (ATTC), Dr. Olusegun Ajuwon, said the championship had been captured in the calendar of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
He said the championship was aimed at rejuvenating the game in Nigeria, with the purpose of discovering talents that would represent Nigeria at international events.
Also speaking at the event, the Vice Chairman of the Aso Table Tennis Club, Mr Ebere Young, said the defending champion of the Annual Table Tennis Championship, Mr Kazeem Makanjuola, who is currently representing Nigeria in China, was one of the discoveries of the annual championship
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria
- FG begins ‘systematic maintenance’ of Lagos bridges & drains
- 9 contractors made the shortlist for Fourth Mainland Bridge – Hamzat
- $18.34 million paid as ransom between June 2011 & March 2020: Inside Nigeria’s lucrative kidnap industry
- Allegations of corruption against the National assembly smacks of cheap blackmail – Sen Ajibola Bashiru
- Telecom firms now to pay N1 per km for Right Of Way (RoW) in Kwara