Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice-president Namadi Sambo, and other outgoing government officials are set to receive the sum of N3.24bn as severance allowances.
The President is entitled to 300 per cent of his annual basic salary when he leaves office.
Jonathan’s annual basic salary is N3, 514,705 therefore his severance allowance will be N10, 544,115, Punch reports.
Sambo, whose annual basic salary is N3, 031,572.50, is also entitled to 300 percent after vacating office meaning his severance allowance is N9, 094,717.50.
76 outgoing senators are also set to receive a sum of N462,019,200 as severance pay while 290 outgoing members of the House of Representatives are entitled to N1, 727,134,875.
Jonathan’s ministers will collect a total of N253, 967,212.5 while his aides and advisers will get a total sum of N775, 207,125.
The severance allowances are contained in the Remuneration Package put together by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English