Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
Some All Progressives Congress (APC), youths in Ekiti State, under the aegis of Ekiti APC Youths Congress (EAYC) have said the Senator representing Ekiti Central, Babafemi Ojudu must be blamed for the party’s loss in the Presidential, National Assembly and House of Assembly elections.
The youths, who also demanded a refund of the over N200 million allegedly collected by the Senator for the House of Assembly election,
raised the alarm Ojudu’s desperation to wrestle the APC leadership from former Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi was killing the party in Ekiti State.
In a press statement issued today and jointly signed by Mr Tope Ogunkuade and Comrade Tunji Adeleye, Convener and Secretary respectively, the EAYC alleged that over N200 million sourced by Senator Ojudu for the House of Assembly election was pocketed by him, in collaboration with his ally, Kayode Afolabi.
They called on national leaders of the party, especially Senator Bola Tinubu to intervene in the party crises, saying; “The way our party is going in Ekiti State, we will self-destruct very soon.”
The statement read; “We are concerned about the survival of our party in Ekiti State and if the party must not collapsed, the selfish activities of Senator Ojudu must be curbed.
“Apart from sourcing funds running to several millions of naira, Senator Ojudu has also polarised the party in the State by sponsoring another dissident group within the party called APC Action Group.
“The Senator has also been going about destroying our leader, Dr Kayode Fayemi, even when it was the unpatriotic activities of people like Ojudu that caused us the loss of the governorship election.
“For instance, why didn’t Ojudu seek re-election if he knew that he had electoral value? Among the three senators of the APC, he was the
only one that did not recontest. Rather, he pocketed millions of naira released for the elections and he has also pocketed N250 million that
he got for the impeachment of Governor Ayodele Fayose.
“Our mandate as directed by all the youths in the APC in Ekiti State is to tell Senator Ojudu in clear terms that he should stop destroying
our party. He should also refund all the millions that he collected for the elections, especially the N200 million collected for the House of Assembly election.”
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman