Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Chukwu Obi
The Rivers state police command has confirmed the abduction of Eze Samuel Amaechi, the monarch of Igbo-Agwurasa kingdom in Etche local Government Area of the state on Thursday night and has launched a manhunt for the kidnappers, who also killed his police orderly.
Eze Samuel Amaechi, who is a Rivers State government recognised First Class traditional ruler, is a Medical Director of Nobsams Clinic, Port Harcourt was in the state capital, by unknown gunmen at the Mile 4 Diobu area of Port Harcourt,while returning home from Clinic at about 7.50pm.
The police public relations officer (PPRO) in the state, Ahmad Muhammad, who confirmed the development to journalists said anti-kidnapping unit of the command were on the trail of the kidnappers.
Muhammad said, “The manhunt for rescuing him safely is still on-going. Our men are on the lookout for where he is being kept and I can assure that we
anticipate a breakthrough.”
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court
- Lagos Govt announce Closure of Marine Beach Bridge to vehicular movement – here’s why
- 313 More COVID-19 cases reported, total Infections Hit 7,839
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano