Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah & Agency Reports
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho claimed that Arsenal were more deserving of the “boring” epithet after his team closed on the Premier League title with a 0-0 draw on Sunday.
Chelsea’s last seven league wins have come by a single-goal margin and they were taunted with chants of ‘Boring, boring Chelsea!’ as the clock wound down at the Emirates Stadium.
But with Chelsea now six points from the title, which Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal have not won since 2004, Mourinho said the home fans’ ire had been directed at the wrong side.
“Boring I think is 10 years without a title,” he said. “That’s very boring. You support the club and you’re waiting, waiting, waiting for so many years without a Premier League title, so that’s very boring.”
Warming to his theme, the Chelsea manager — who won two league titles in his first stint at Stamford Bridge — suggested Wenger had given up on winning the game by withdrawing striker Olivier Giroud with six minutes to play.
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest