Estimated Reading Time: <1
WhatsApp, the mobile messaging application, has achieved a milestone with a record of over 800 million monthly active users.
In a Facebook post, CEO and co-founder, Jan Koum said, “WhatsApp – now serving 800,000,000 monthly active users. Reminder for the press out there: active and registered users are not the same thing”.
In January 2015, WhatsApp had close to 700 million users. Recently, the service added voice calling feature for users of its Android app to allow users to place calls over the Internet.
In October 2014, Facebook acquired WhatsApp for about $19 billion.
WhatsApp Messenger is a mobile messaging application which allows users to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS.
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.