Estimated Reading Time: <1
WhatsApp, the mobile messaging application, has achieved a milestone with a record of over 800 million monthly active users.
In a Facebook post, CEO and co-founder, Jan Koum said, “WhatsApp – now serving 800,000,000 monthly active users. Reminder for the press out there: active and registered users are not the same thing”.
In January 2015, WhatsApp had close to 700 million users. Recently, the service added voice calling feature for users of its Android app to allow users to place calls over the Internet.
In October 2014, Facebook acquired WhatsApp for about $19 billion.
WhatsApp Messenger is a mobile messaging application which allows users to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems