Estimated Reading Time: <1
President elect, General Muhammadu Buhari has appealed to Nigerians not to expect instant miracle from his government to fix all the problems facing the country, but to be patient and supportive, saying that he will need enough time to address the Boko Haram insecurity in the north east and other challenges confronting the nation.
General Buhari who made this appeal in Kaduna on Saturday when he received a delegation of the All Progressive Congress (APC) members from Bauchi state led by the state governor elect, says that the change which Nigerians expect from his incoming administration would not be realized overnight.
Channels TV reports that he hinged his reason on the fact that governing Nigeria will be difficult for him because of the magnitude of the problems on ground.
The president elect further explained that governing Nigeria will be seriously difficult because of what he termed as colossal rape of its economy and leadership deficit. He however assured that the incoming government will do its best to fix things in the right perspective and therefore appealed for support of all Nigerians to his administration.
Buhari, thanked the people of Bauchi and Nigerians for voting massively for APC during the last Presidential and National Assembly elections, and urged them to be vigilante and to protect themselves from being attacked by insurgents.
On their part, the Bauchi state governor elect, Mohammed Abubakar , other elected state and National Assembly members described General Buhari as somebody who is genuinely interested in the peace and progress of the country. They expressed hope that Nigeria will be better under his leadership.
The Governor-elect, also disclosed that he will not waste government resources to probe the outgoing administration in the state, but he will seek better ways of ensuring that all stolen money are recovered for the development of the state.
- Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki arrives APC National Secretariat
- Just In: Gunmen invaded Kaduna community, killing villagers in Kajuru Local Govt
- Toyin Ojora Saraki: Let me be clear, we are failing women and girls
- Borno Governor suspends all staff of General Hospital for negligence
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases