Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose has called on his ‘opponents’ to work with him towards making the state greater; after the Supreme Court upheld his election, Tuesday morning.
In a press statement, signed by the Governor, Fayose expressed his gratitude to God and the people of Ekiti for their solidarity and support.
“I want to sincerely appreciate Ekiti people for their resilience and love for me. I am formally dedicating this victory to God and to them. Having voted for me ten months ago, and confirming the victory by the subsequent elections in the last few weeks, they have shown that they are unequivocal about their choice and their determination to protect and defend that mandate.
“I cannot but appreciate the Apex Court for protecting democracy and also for living to the expectation of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Hon. Justice Mahmud Mohammed, who had assured that under his leadership, the judiciary would not subscribe to any plot to change the outcome of elections through the instrumentality of the Court.
“I think the necessary lessons must have been learnt and it is obvious that Nigeria is evolving democratically. To my opponents, I plead with you to sheath your sword and join me in the development of Ekiti State. If truly our struggle is about service to our dear State, it is time to come together and channel all our resources towards the development of the State.
“I am irrevocably committed to the protection of all, including the opposition in the State. Nobody is infallible, and I am not a perfect being. The only one that is perfect is God, but He, in His infinite mercies has made me the Governor of Ekiti State today. I have a term and tenure; there will be another opportunity for Ekiti people to decide who governs them.
“Rather than trouble the peace of the State, our friends in the opposition parties should accept the will of God concerning our dear State and wait till 2018. I thank all stakeholders and I am assuring them that I will leave Ekiti State better than I met it. My special appreciation also goes to the security agencies for being alive to their responsibilities.
May the Almighty God continue to bless Ekiti State.
Governor, Ekiti State
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness
- Gombe discharges 153 Almajiris after two weeks quarantine
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption