Estimated Reading Time: <1
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Rivers state, Dakuku Peterside has condemned the alleged electoral malpractices in parts of Rivers State.
In a statement by its Director of Communications for his campaign organisation, Ibim Semenitari, on Saturday, the group alleged that the malpractices were being perpetrated by the Independent National Electoral Commission, the Peoples Democratic Party and the security operatives.
It did not however explain the nature of the irregularities.
She said the organisation would not accept any subversion of the peoples will.
“We agree with Rivers people that this time, their votes will be counted and their votes will count. Never again the impudence of March 28th,” it said.
The group asked the INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, to beam the commission’s searchlights on Rivers State and ensure that the people’s voices are not silenced.
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike
- Tax debt payments have been extended to August 31 – FIRS
- Kogi swears in new Chief Judge
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Nelly Kalu, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- NBC Code Amendment: The New Frontier in Nigeria’s War on the Economy
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes