Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has dismissed what he said was a purported impeachment notice posted online by the All Progressives Congress lawmakers in the State House of Assembly, saying he was yet to be served any impeachment notice.
PREMIUM TIMES reported that Mr. Fayose, stated this while speaking during a TV programme, “Meet Your Governor”, aired on the State Television, EKTV, Ekiti Radio, Progress FM and NTA, Ado Ekiti on Monday.
Nineteen All Progressives Congress, APC, lawmakers in the state had while issued a notice of impeachment to the governor, giving him 7 days to respond to the allegations of gross misconduct against him and his deputy.
Mr. Fayose described those plotting his impeachment as the same enemies of Ekiti State that plotted his exit from office in 2006.
“Nobody served me any impeachment notice. I only saw the notice online like every other person,” he said.
The governor, who described himself as an Israeli said; “I’m like Israel that is in the midst of enemies but will always prevail. Whoever wants to remove me will first have to impeach God.”
He said the APC members were trying to get at him because he wholeheartedly supported President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid.
“They are doing all these just to get at me because of my support for President Jonathan and I have no regret for supporting the president.
“Let me say it again, I have not been served any impeachment notice. The House of Assembly is also on recess and Dr Adewale Omirin is not the speaker of the State House of Assembly.
“Omirin is in court, challenging his impeachment and he can’t be challenging his impeachment in court and at the same time laying claim to being Speaker,” he said.
While urging the APC to accept defeat as done by President Jonathan and the PDP, Mr. Fayose said, “By the power of God, they lost 16 – 0 on June 21, 2014, they lost 16 – 0 again on March 28, they will lose 26 – 0 on Saturday, April 11,” he said.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid