Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The Niger Delta People Salvation Front /Niger Delta People Volunteer Force, (,NDPSF/NDPVF, led by Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari have described the emergence of President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari in the presidential election as a conspiracy of the North/Yoruba against the Niger Delta, South East and Middle Belt.
The groups in a statement by Mr Rex Anighoro said, “It is not a victory of the people, but victory of regional conspiracy and supremacy.”
“It clearly reinforces the fact of self determination and the truth that Nigeria remains a very divided and separated entity whose claim to unity remains a fraud of gargantuan proportion,” they asserted.
They said: “The voting pattern has clearly shown that the Gambari North and the Yorubas are united in the conquest of the Niger Deltans and the Igbos of defunct Biafra with the Middle Belt now used as pawns. We remain a people separated by our ideologies and interests, we are not integrated nor reconciled.”
The groups asserted: “The conditions that advanced the need to embrace the creeks have been sadly re -energised, it is clear that a vicious government who may maim and murder the voice of the so called minorities may have just been birthed. Indeed integration is nonexistent as regional gang ups and supremacy is symbolic with this victory. ”
“The victory of Muhammadu Buhari is a historical reminder that we are a conquered people who are mere appendages existing at the pleasure of the supremacist and the regional overlords.
“We salute the gallantry and courage of Elder Godsday Orubebe, who spoke the truth to power on fact f our collective existence in this colonial union of convenience. He need not apologise to be politically correct having demonstrated to the world what a deception the Nigerian union is,” they said.
According to them, “While President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan enjoys his moments and bask in the euphoria of a now world renowned statesman having congratulated Muhammadu Buhari, his conqueror, we must quickly remind that our struggle was never about Jonathan nor about Presidency. President Goodluck Jonathan was an establishment beneficiary of our struggle, our sweat and blood that many bled and died for.”
“He was never in the struggle and he can never wish away our collective march forward for statesmanship. Yes, indeed to an extent, he was a mitigating factor in self determination pursuit as we went on sabbatical, this mitigation he seems to have willingly repudiated.
“The days coming will be critical, we shall study all the conditions and consult widely before determining the way going forward for our collective existence and survival as a people. The days coming shall either drive the quest of integration or further separate us,” they added.
- Ayodele Fayose allege irregularities in the recently conducted South-West Congress of the PDP, describing the exercise as a “scam”
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants