Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
Ayo Fayose, governor of Ekiti state and one of the arrowheads of President Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential campaign, has congratulated Muhammadu Buhari, describing the outcome as the will of God.
Fayose famously raised health concerns over Buhari and engaged in an acrimonious media campaign against the retired general. With results of the presidential election showing Buhari taking an unassailable lead on Tuesday afternoon, Fayose issued a statement, saying “the election result is the will of God and Nigerians , and all lovers of peace, progress and development of Nigeria must accept it”.
The governor said the election results should not been seen as victory or loss for any political party, adding: “To me, Nigerians and democracy won.” Fayose said: “I salute Nigerians, especially the great people of Ekiti state. “I salute President Jonathan for laying the most solid foundation for democracy in Nigeria. And I salute Major General Buhari for being a resilience and dogged fighter.
“I urge Nigerians, irrespective of their ethnic, religious and political affiliation to respect the outcome of the election in the interest of peace, progress and development of the country.
“Nigeria as a country is greater than any individual or group and it is my plea that no one should do anything to rock the boat of peace in the country.”
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike
- Tax debt payments have been extended to August 31 – FIRS
- Kogi swears in new Chief Judge
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Nelly Kalu, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- NBC Code Amendment: The New Frontier in Nigeria’s War on the Economy
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes