Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Security operatives in Taraba State have quizzed an INEC officer in the state for allegedly collecting N20 million bribe from a politician, to manipulate the general elections in his favour.
INEC resident commissioner in Taraba State, Alhaji Makama confirmed the news.
Reports state that the electoral officer who was arrested was presiding over the elections in the Ibbi local government area of the state on Saturday.
Angry youths are said to have attacked the suspect, after they reportedly discovered that the individual collecting 20 million naira bribe from “a staunch politician in Ibbi to change the result of the state house of representative within the area.”
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa