Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Former member of the House of Representatives under the PDP, Otunba Dino Melaye has won the Kogi West senatorial seat, defeating incumbent Senator Smart Adeyemi. The very outspoken activist and social critic, took to social media site, Twitter., to express his elation at the result.
Also, erstwhile Minister of Aviation, Mrs. Stella Oduah has won the Anambra North senatorial seat. The controversial former Minister, defeated Dubem Abate of APGA.
Meanwhile, Governor Sa’idu Dakingari of Kebbi State has lost his senatorial bid in Kebbi North. He was defeated by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress candidate, Bello Argungu, who scored 139,197 votes.
Mr. Dakingari got 70,148 votes.
Also, a serving member representing Kalgo/Bunza/Birnin Kebbi federal constituency of the PDP, Sani Kalgo, lost to APC candidate, Abdullahi Muslim, who polled 101,869. Mr. Kalgo got 24,382 votes.
Another serving member representing Zuru/Fakai/Sakaba/Danko-Wasagu federal constituency, Abdullahi Dan’Alkali, a member of the PDP, lost to Aliyu Danladi of the APC.
The returning officer, Abdullahi Kangiwa, declared Mr. Danladi winner with 66,261 votes, against Mr. Dan’Alkali’s 28,674.
The result of the Kebbi South senatorial zone was still being collated.
However, Bala Ibn Na’Allah of APC was leading and is also likely to defeat Sadiq Yalwa of the PDP.
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances