Estimated Reading Time: <1
Youths, believed to be from Jos North Local Government area have burnt down the private residence of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain, Adams Alkali, popularly known as “Dan London” in Jos, Plateau State.
It was alleged that the youths were offended by certain offensive broadcast on radio and credited to ‘Dan London’. Thus, the stormed the house is located at Angwan Rogo, Jos North Local Government Area and set it in flames. However, no life was lost in the incident.
Mr. Alkali contested the PDP primaries for House of Representative for Jos North/ Bassa federal constituency, but lost. Police could not be reached at press time to confirm the incident, but a witness said the resident was razed to ashes.
Similarly, protesting youth at Kumbi Kwal Ward of Quanpan Local Government Area at Southern Plateau early hours of Sunday reportedly destroyed ballot papers in the locality.
Also, a serving councillor was allegedly caught distributing ballot papers in Ganawuri, Riyom Local Government of Northern Plateau state during the Sunday voting in the state.
Nine local government areas of the state are participating in the rescheduled election holding in some parts of Nigeria.
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”