Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Reports suggest that a bomb has gone off at a busy Motor Park in Maiduguri, The Borno state capital.
This follows the bomb blasts that have resurfaced in the last week, prominent among which claimed 15 lives and left 53 others injured after a suicide bomber detonated a bomb at the Tashar Dan-Borno Motor Park in Potiskum town, Yobe State.
In the heat of the confusion, an eyewitness said a female suicide bomber, who carried out the attack, alighted from a tricycle opposite the Motor Park and rushed towards a loaded bus when the explosive went off.
However, the Nigerian police said the suicide bomber was a man, not a teenage girl as reported by some eyewitnesses.
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications
- COVID-19: Lagos state has started conversations with Pfizer for vaccines – Sanwo-Olu
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism