Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has described the planned One-Million-Man March by the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos as a plot by the party to cause chaos and pandemonium in the State, so as to take the minds of the public away from the lies they told about the health status of the party’s presidential candidate, Major General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd).
The governor also said that he had been vindicated by Buhari, having admitted that he actually travelled to the United Kingdom to rest and that he visited his doctors.
According to a statement issued on Friday, by the governor’s Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, “walking the streets of Lagos by the APC won’t remove the fact that the party is a congregation of liars and deceitful people, who can never be trusted with the resources of Nigeria and its people.”
Fayose who insisted that Buhari was not healthy enough to govern Nigeria said; “A man who campaigned for four weeks, speaking for less than one hour in all the rallies put together and needed to rest for 15 days should just stay at home and be playing with his grandchildren rather than struggling to take up a job that he does not have the required mental and physical strength to do.”
He said; “They brought in Buhari like a thief in the night and now they want to put Lagosians into more hardships by blocking major roads all in the name of a phoney one-million-man match. “Why not hold their rally in a designated place instead of embarking on a match that will cause chaos and hardships in the state?”
On Buhari’s admisson that “he just went off for a couple of weeks to rest,” Fayose said; “who do we now believe? APC said Buhari went on working visit to UK while Buhari himself said he went to UK to rest. “When asked by press men whether or not he ever visited any hospital in UK, Buhari said: ‘What is wrong for me to go the hospital?’
“By this statement from Buhari himself, it is clear that APC and its lying leaders tried to fool Nigerians, lying so brazenly and using fake pictures to authenticate their lies. “Even though there is nothing wrong in Buhari going for medicare abroad, afterall he should be seeing his doctors more often at his age, it is shameful that APC lied so brazenly trying to cover up the obvious reasons Buhari travelled for 15 days.
“What is wrong is the lies told to defend Buhar’s trip to the UK to rest and seek medicare.The fake pictures of Buhari walking the streets of London, the fake Tony Blair picture and the use of pictures taken in Transcop Hilton, Abuja and claming that the pictures were taken in London is the main issue.
“Most importantly, presenting Buhari to us as a superhuman, who can never fall sick is what is wrong and Nigerians are expecting Buhari to apologise for all the lies told in an attempt to cover up the real reasons he (Buhari) travelled secretly to UK.”
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women
- “A lot of great things are going to come out of this lockdown” – Pastor Enoch Adeboye
- 12-year-old girl raped in Jigawa
- Just In: Nasarawa CAN chairman regains freedom
- An undergraduate, at the University of Benin, was raped in the Church #JusticeForUwa