Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential Campaign Organisation, PDPPCO, said yesterday that wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience Jonathan has no apology on her assessment of the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) as being “brain dead,” saying she was right.
In a statement yesterday in Abuja by the Director, Media and Publicity of PDP Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, who was responding to APC Presidential Campaign Organisation said: “The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, was absolutely right.
“To say that General Buhari is ‘’brain dead’’ is an understatement and to suggest that he is suffering from dementia is nothing new.
“The First Lady has spoken in a courageous and forthright manner and, most important of all, she has spoken the bitter truth.
“Instead of crying like spoilt little brats and complaining, the APC and the Buhari Campaign Organisation should live with that bitter truth and leave her alone.
“She has every right to express herself in any way that she deems fit and she is entitled to her opinion. This is especially so given the fact that her husband, President Goodluck Jonathan, is in the Presidential race.
“Buhari’s general disdain for women and their opinion is well known. This is a man that said that he would scrap the office of the First Lady if he is elected President.
“If he is not ready to face public scrutiny and criticism for his often irresponsible, retrogressive, nonsensical and asinine views, he should quit the Presidential race and consider retiring from politics.
“Our counsel to the APC is as follows: leave the First Lady alone or prepare yourselves for a relentless verbal blitzkrieg, the likes of which you have never seen before.”
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?