Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Bahari has described former President Olusegun Obasanjo as a courageous patriot who tells the truth to power when he is convinced leaders are going wrong.
In a statement he issued on the occasion of Obasanjos’s birthday, General Buhari said the former president is a nationalist whose commitment to democracy and good governance are worthy of recognition and praise.
The APC presidential candidate acknowledged that, although Obasanjo is widely perceived as controversial, he said such perception should not overshadow his patriotism and remarkable courage to speak up when things go wrong in the county.
According to Buhari, Obasanjo is a true statesman and nationalist who doesn’t abandon his country when it needs his voice to jolt the conscience of leaders to listen to those they govern.
In his glowing tribute, Buhari said statesmen are the voices and conscience of their countries, adding that Obasanjo has not disappointed him in this regard.
Buhari said General Obasanjo is one of the most de-tribalised and broadminded leaders he has ever known, and that Obasanjo’s name would be cast in stone as one of those Nigerian leaders that served their country with passion.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom