Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
Ahead of the March 28 presidential election, the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Party of Nigeria (PPN), Prince Kelvin Allagoa has stepped down for the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), President Goodluck Jonathan.
Allagoa, who was among the sixteen presidential candidates who were cleared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) attributed his change of heart to the love of the country and his desire to make President Jonathan continues with the transformation
agenda which he started and has been yielding dividends across the length and breadth of the country.
The National Chairman of the PPN, Alhaji Lawal Adamu in a statement jointly signed with the National Secretary of the party, Hon Razak
Eyiowuawi on the reasons the party adopted Jonathan said, “We want a Nigeria that is not just about change of personality but the constitution, thoughts and structures that will develop our great nation”
The statement read further, “We believe our Nigeria deserves a new public order. A dispersion from the old militarized mind to a civil thought and social values. We believe we need continuous reorganization and restructuring and opening of hidden potentials”.
Furthermore, PPN, who won a seat in the House of Representatives and three seats in Ogun State House of Assembly in 2011 general election
added that it adopted Jonathan because its positive assessment of the spate of agricultural transformation, educational rejuvenation, infrastructural development, massive youth development, and above all restoration of peace and security in the country by the Jonathan’s administration.
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court
- Lagos Govt announce Closure of Marine Beach Bridge to vehicular movement – here’s why
- 313 More COVID-19 cases reported, total Infections Hit 7,839
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano