Estimated Reading Time: <1
Two London based premier league sides, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur will on Sunday evening battle for the English League Cup better known as the Capital One Cup. This will be a rematch of the 2008 final which Tottenham won 2-1 after extra time.
Chelsea last won the league cup in 2007 after a 2-1 victory over Arsenal. A league cup victory in 2005 was Jose Mourinho’s first ever trophy with the Blues.
Chelsea will be without Nemanja Matic who is serving a two match suspension after bagging a red card against Burnley last weekend. The Blues will also be missing John Mikel Obi who is out injured. Tottenham on their part have all players available and will be looking to further trouble the Blues having beaten them 5-3 this season already in the EPL.
Ramires is expected to partner Cesc Fabregas in the midfield for Chelsea while all eyes will be on Tottenham’s Harry Kane and Chelsea’s Diego Costa for goals.
It’s going to be one hell of a cracker later this evening.
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs
- 101 suspected Boko Haram insurgents are suing Federal Government; here’s why
- I prayed Nigeria will not see peace because Buhari denied Rivers State security – Wike
- Breaking: Last minute decision as NAFDAC certifies #AstraZeneca vaccine
- Nigeria begins COVID-19 vaccinations
- Air Commodore Gabkwet appointed Airforce spokesman
- It will cost N35Billion to provide internet services to MDAs in Nigeria – Agency