Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Dia Zamani
Femi Fani-Kayode, the Director of Media and Publicity of the Peoples Democratic Party, of the Presidential Campaign Organisation, has refuted claims that he has contracted a crowd to jeer the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) during his presentation at the Chatham House, London.
Buhari is expected to address Chatham House by 11:00am today will speak on ‘Prospect for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria’s Transition.’
On Wednesday, February 25, the opposition party had alleged that their sources in London disclosed that Fani-Kayode is organizing a paid protest against Gen. Buhari when he appears for his Chatham House engagement.
However, the spokesperson of the PDP campaign says ‘it is a lie’.
Fani-Kayode took to micro-blogging platform, Twitter to debunk the claims, saying: “My attention has been drawn to a story that I am renting a crowd to embarrass Gen. Buhari at Chatham House later today. It is a lie.”
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa