Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Emir of Mubi, Alhaji Abubakar Isa-Ahmadu, has called on persons displaced from his domain by Boko Haram insurgents to return home.
The call is contained in a statement issued on Sunday in Abuja by Mr Sani Datti, Senior Information Officer, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
The statement quoted the Emir as saying this when he received a Federal Government delegation led by the Minister of Youths Development, Mr Boni Haruna, in his palace.
The delegation also included officials of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
The Emir called on the resident of the community to give the necessary cooperation to NEMA personnel in their efforts to assess the level of damage caused by the insurgents in Mubi.
Isa-Ahmadu called on the people of Mubi to be vigilant, law abiding and assist the federal government toward maintaining peace and security in the area.
The Emir thanked President Goodluck Jonathan for his concern towards the condition of the displaced persons.
Haruna had told the Emir that the delegation was in Mubi to assess the level of peace and security in the area.
“The commander of the Battalion based in Mubi has assured that soldiers have cleared the town and made it safe for law-abiding citizens to return home,’’ the minister said.
Also, Mr Musa Zakari, leader of the NEMA team, said they would conduct thorough assessment of the level of damage in the town and recommend to government on appropriate support to victims.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom