Estimated Reading Time: <1
A coalition of youth groups from the 23 Local Government Areas of Kaduna State, on Monday resolved to throw their weight behind incumbent Gov. Mukhtar Ramalan Yero in the April 11 governorship election.
The Coordinator of the group, Mr Hadwyah Samuel, who disclosed this at a news conference in Kaduna, said Yero’s administration had affected the lives of the people positively.
Samuel dismissed claims in some quarters that the governor had abandoned projects started by his predecessor. He said that most of such projects had been completed.
“Gov. Yero, in his bid to improve the education sector, employs teachers and other staff in all the state-owned educational institutions, has helped in reducing youth unemployment in the state.
“The governor has paid NECO examination fees for Kaduna state students, returned the oversea scholarship scheme that was abandoned by the first executive governor of the state, Alhaji Balarabe Musa’’, he said.
The group condemned the manipulation of the youth by unscrupulous politicians to destabilise the peace of the country.
The coordinator also condemned politicians who instigate youths to attack leaders and their convoy.
“This is an act of demonising the youths and setting them against their leaders’’, he said.
Gov. Yero would compete with former FCT Minister and APC gubernatorial candidate, Mallam Nasie El-rufai, among other contenders for the number one citizen in Kaduna State.
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo