Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Naira on Friday sold against the dollar for N208 at the Bureau De Change (BDC) segment of the foreign exchange market.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Naira against the Pound at the BDC also traded for N314 while it sold for N235 against the Euro.
At the black market segment, the Naira against the dollar exchange for N209 and traded for N310 against the pound.
It was, however, unchanged to the Euro at the black market. NAN recalls that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Jan. 28 calmed the strong volatility observed in the forex market and also saved the Naira from further depreciation.
The CBN increased the weekly supply of dollars per BDC operator from 15,000 dollar to 30,000 dollar. The move is to deepen the BDCs segment.
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know