Estimated Reading Time: <1
Hoodlums believed to be members and supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) numbering over 150 Saturday morning went on rampage in Makurdi town, disrupting the peace and destroying several properties in the town.
One of the places attacked by the hoodlums was the Pages Parks and Gardens in the heart of the town. The park also serves as the secretariat of the Booth To Booth Project, an advocacy and sensitisation group which drums up support for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP candidates in Benue state.
Several posters and billboards belonging to candidates on the platform of the PDP were defaced and destroyed during the rampage.
According to eyewitnesses as reported by Abusidiqu Blog, the attackers attempted setting the Pages Parks and Gardens ablaze before they were stopped by security men on duty who challenged them.
Normalcy has since returned to the town.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom