Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Chukwu Obi
According to Bloomberg Billionaires, Nigeria’s richest man, Aliko Dangote lost almost half of his $21billion in 6 months.
More of what must have led to the rather sad news for the business mogul will be revealed within the next few days and we shall keep our readers updated.
See tweet by the business news organisation below….
Nigeria's richest man has lost almost half of his fortune over the past 6 months pic.twitter.com/CMAYxEaFq8
— BBG Billionaires (@BBGBillionaires) February 12, 2015
The Nigerian business mogul, before the latest revelation by Bloomberg had retained his position as Africa’s richest man with a $25 billion net worth.
Dangote has held the position for the fourth successive year and that globally, the influential Forbes Magazine rates him on the list of 25 richest people in the world.
Dangote is ranked 23 up 43rd among the 100 richest persons in the world, but with the crash in his wealth one wonders the level he will be ranking in the world..
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo