Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
The 57th Emir of the ancient city of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II‘s coronation took place last week. The Emir previously known as Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.
Malam Sanusi was a successful banker and was a former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
He was appointed on 3 June 2009 for a five-year term, but was suspended from office by President Goodluck Jonathan on 20 February 2014 after exposing a $20 billion fraud committed by the president’s associates in the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) by the president’s regime.
Malam Sanusi is the grandson Muhammadu Sunusi (The 11th Fulani Emir of Kano )
The photo shot by Maigaskiya Photography features Sanusi alongside his 3 wives and children.
- Buhari is the single problem of Nigeria – Coalition of Northern groups fume over insecurity
- Police Service Commission confirms the recruitment of 925 illegal police officers
- Kano PDP has withdrawn from Jan 2021 Local Government Elections
- FCT Minister says his ministry spent N28.5Billion on COVID-19
- #EndSARS: CBN asks court not to unfreeze protesters’ accounts
- We are working on extraditing Maina to Nigeria; Nigeria Police says
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been announced as Forbes Africa-CNBC African of The Year
- Buhari sacks NAPTIP DG, Julie Okah-Donli, replaces her with Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
- Finance bill passes through first reading
- Boko Haram: We will do all it takes to secure Nigeria, Vice President Osinbajo says