Estimated Reading Time: <1
Spanish giants, Real Madrid suffered a huge loss on Saturday when they lost 0-4 to city rivals, Atletico Madrid in the La Liga. That was a terrible gift for the reigning World footballer of the year, Cristiano Ronaldo whose 30th birthday fell on that particular day. Already, the Portuguese forward had planned to have a birthday party that evening after the game and he went on to do so. This upset a lot of Real Madrid fans who felt he should have called off the party as a result of the heavy defeat he and his teammates suffered.
The player’s agent, Jorge Mendes has reacted and he believes Ronaldo was right to go on with the party. Speaking to Cadena SER, he said:
“It is not easy being Cristiano Ronaldo,”
“He is very upset about the images from his birthday that have come out. It was meant to be a private celebration.
“He could not postpone his birthday party because all his family and friends had already come to Madrid, even if he was very disappointed by the defeat against Atletico Madrid.
“The people should support and help him. He is the best professional in the world, an example to follow and he will set this right.”
Should he have called his party off or not, what do you think?
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence