Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected kidnapers, Saturday night, kidnapped the father of a former governor of Plateau State and current Senator in Plateau state, Joshua Dariye.
Reports revealed that the victim, who is said to be in his late 80s, was abducted at his residence in Mushere, Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State.
The source, who asked not to be named as he is not permitted to speak for the family, said the kidnappers fired gun shots in the air to scare residents of the area before the victim was abducted and taken to an unknown destination.
However, the police in the state are yet to confirm the incident. The spokesperson of the police in Plateau, Abuh Emmanuel, in a telephone interview on Sunday asked for more time to confirm the incident.
Mr. Emmanuel said he will contact the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the area for details.
The victim’s son, Mr. Dariye, currently represents Plateau Central in the Senate and is seeking re-election. The politician could not be reached for comments as at press time.
But our source, a close associate to the former governor, said he has been told of the incident.
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment
- Nigeria’s monthly oil revenue crashes by 75% – NNPC Report
- PHOTOS: NFF unveils new kit for Super Eagles and Falcons
- Health Workers call off 7 day strike
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020