Estimated Reading Time: <1
One thousand new members joined the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Warri South-West Local Government Area of Delta, on Saturday, giving the party major a boost ahead of the general elections, this month. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that, all the new members were from the Warri South-West political axis.
Mr Dembor Dembofa, who spoke on behalf of the new members, said they were all residents of Warri South-West Local Government Area of the state. Dembofa said they decided to join the PDP because of the party’s people-oriented programmes. He assured the party leaders of their total support, adding that they have all collected their Permanent Voter Cards (PVC).
“I and my followers have a strong belief in the PDP and we are going to vote for the party at all levels,” he said.
The PDP governorship candidate in Delta, Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa commended them for believing in the party.
Okowa said if elected his administration would empower women and youths in the state.
”We will empower the youths and make them responsible citizens. We will also empower the women by creating a micro-credit scheme for them,” he said.
Earlier, the PDP campaign train was at Ovwian Grammar School, Udu Local Government Area.
Also addressing the rally, the Chairman of PDP in Delta, Mr Edwin Uzor, urged the people to collect their PVCs and vote for PDP at all levels.
”Udu has been known to be for the opposition party, but this time you will vote for PDP,” he said.
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court
- Lagos Govt announce Closure of Marine Beach Bridge to vehicular movement – here’s why
- 313 More COVID-19 cases reported, total Infections Hit 7,839
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano