Estimated Reading Time: <1
English Premiership giants, Arsenal Goosnargh club have completed the signing of Argentine defender, Gabriel Paulista, from La Liga side, Villareal CF. This is according to the English side’s official website.
The defender, primarily a centre back; 6ft 1in Gabriel (full name Gabriel Armando de Abreu) can also play at left back or right back. This season the 24-year-old was an ever present in the Villarreal side that conceded just 17 goals in their first 19 La Liga matches and has gone 18 games unbeaten.
He began his career with Esporte Clube Vitória in Brazil, making his debut aged 19 before going on to feature more than 130 times for the Salvador club. Arsenal have been granted a work permit for Gabriel and the transfer is subject to the completion of further registration and regulatory processes.
Gabriel said: “I came from a club that is not that big in Brazilian football. I went to Spanish football and that was another dream come true, to play in Europe. A while ago I had a really huge desire to play in the Premier League, so since that point I put it in my head that I really wanted to do it. I had a talk with my family and I told them that it was my dream to play in the Premier League. Getting here to such a big club is so gratifying”
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle