Estimated Reading Time: <1
Popular stand up comedian, Bright Okpocha popularly known as Basketmouth has again stated that his London show has nothing to do with lack of respect for his civic duties as a Nigerian.
The comedian has hit back at critics, saying his UK Valentine’s Day show will hold despite the Presidential election in Nigeria fixed for the same day.
Speaking with Punch Newspaper, said, ‘This has been an annual show in the last six years. It is a franchise and it holds every Valentine’s Day in the UK regardless of the day it falls on.
He continued, “It has been happening for the past six years and the venue has been booked long ago. The tickets have been on sale long before it was announced that elections would hold on that day.
“Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it because everything is ready and I have to go on with my show. The people talking about it apparently do not know that it is a franchise that has been on for about six years. I cannot cancel the show because of elections,’ he concluded.
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants
- ‘Some people want to incite war in the southeast’ David Umahi says