Estimated Reading Time: <1
Discovery Airways was ,Tuesday, suspended from operating any flight as its Air Operator’s Certificate, AOC, has been suspended by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA. This suspension would be in force pending the outcome of a comprehensive review of the Airlines operations to be carried out by NCAA.
Mr Sam Adurogboye , Deputy General Manager, Public Relation, NCAA, said the Airline failed to carry out certain corrective actions “within one week from the 1st to 7th of January, 2015 as raised in an earlier letter to the operator”.
Adurogboye further said, “ In pursuit of its oversight responsibilities as stipulated by law, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA , has lately carried out a review of the operations of some Domestic Airlines after which letters of warning or suspension of Air Operator’s Certificate, AOC, were served on defaulters”.
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research