Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Gen Mohammadu Buhari ,rtd, he has been described as a captive of his new political associates.
Peoples Democratic Party,PDP, governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje who conceded that Buhari had vision that distinguished him in the past, speaking at an interactive media session at the weekend, however, regretted that all his known sterling qualities have been subsumed by circumstances beyond his control.
“The Buhari of now is not the same Buhari of 2007 and 2011 and I can defend this anywhere. The Buhari of 2011 was running on his own steam. The Buhari of 2015 is a captive. We know who is behind his running mate. We know those who put all those working in his team where they are today. We can’t be fighting bondage in Lagos and also put ourselves in bondage at the national level. The same model that is paying out in Lagos is what they want to replicate at the national level. We have to fight it. That is the reality on ground. We have to refuse the attempt at bringing the same me failed model in Lagos State to the centre.”
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi