Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Gen Mohammadu Buhari ,rtd, he has been described as a captive of his new political associates.
Peoples Democratic Party,PDP, governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje who conceded that Buhari had vision that distinguished him in the past, speaking at an interactive media session at the weekend, however, regretted that all his known sterling qualities have been subsumed by circumstances beyond his control.
“The Buhari of now is not the same Buhari of 2007 and 2011 and I can defend this anywhere. The Buhari of 2011 was running on his own steam. The Buhari of 2015 is a captive. We know who is behind his running mate. We know those who put all those working in his team where they are today. We can’t be fighting bondage in Lagos and also put ourselves in bondage at the national level. The same model that is paying out in Lagos is what they want to replicate at the national level. We have to fight it. That is the reality on ground. We have to refuse the attempt at bringing the same me failed model in Lagos State to the centre.”
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why
- Nigeria’s continuous battle with married women and ‘state of origin’
- Just In: APC lists, Oyegun, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Others, members of Edo Guber campaign council – read complete names
- OPay to shut all Nigerian operations excluding payments
- Nigerian table tennis champions qualify for 2021 Olympics
- Femi Falana, Olisa Agbakoba, Oby Ezekwesili, others launch new political movement
- FEC approves N10.6bn for roads in Kogi, Gombe and Adamawa States
- Doctors at Kogi Federal Medical Center begin Indefinite strike over armed attack
- Domestic flights to resume July 8 at Lagos, Abuja airports
- Suspended National Broadcasting Commission DG re-arraigned over ‘N2.5 billion fraud