Estimated Reading Time: <1
‘Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent’ — Isaac Asimov [1920 – 1992]
The Rivers State chapter of All Progressives Congress, APC, has called on relevant security agencies in Nigeria to investigate the introduction of violence into the politics of Rivers State by alleged prominent Ogboni member and governorship candidate of the PDP in Rivers State, Barr. Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike.
The party in a statement signed by its Publicity Sscretary, Mr. Chris FineboneBarely said, two days after prominent Kalabari Chiefs led by Chief Broadfield Micheal-Jack.rejected Wike’s candidature as the PDP governorship flag bearer for Rivers State and openly endorsed APC governorship candidate, Dr. Dakuku Adol Peterside, supporters of Wike unleashed terror on PDP party members and innocent people of Abonnema where Wike visited to campaign yesterday.
The APC recalled that a few days ago, suspected PDP followers of Wike, in a well-coordinated plan, shot APC supporters whose only offence was that they decided to travel to Port Harcourt to attend the Buhari/Osinbajo Campaign Flag-off last Tuesday. The criminal elements belonging to the PDP opened fire on our members at Khana, Akukutoru and Asaritoru injuring many with possible fatality not ruled out yet.
The statement also informed that early this morning, suspected Wike men in the Okrika axis blew up the APC Secretariat at Okrika adding that investigations by the Police are ongoing.
The APC called on the Inspector-General of Police, the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, the Director of Department of State Security [DSS] and all heads of security agencies to arrest and investigate Barr. Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike and his followers for the string of mayhem presently taking place across Rivers State.
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities