Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chelsea FC of England are now two points clear at the top of Manchester City at the top of the English Premier League table. The Blues who were unimpressive in the first half but came out inspired in the second half won Newcastle 2-0 through a late strike from Oscar in the first half and another from the premier league top scorer, Diego Costa in the second half.
Kurt Zouma had his full premier league debut in the game and was more than comfortable at the heart of defence where he paired with skipper, John Terry. Petr Cech who also replaced Thibaut Courtois in the starting line-up made some quality saves which saved Chelsea from going behind in the first half.
At Goodison Park, Manchester City managed a 1-1 draw against home side, Everton. The Mancunian Blues had gone ahead in the 74th minute through a fine header by Fernandinho but their joy was not to last as Steven Naismith equalized just four minutes later. The results leave Manchester City two points behind league leaders Chelsea.
Photo Credit: www.chelseafc.com
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants
- ‘Some people want to incite war in the southeast’ David Umahi says